Enchanting Egypt Land Portion – 3 nights Cairo + 1 night Luxor
- All arrival and departure transfers with luggage handling if air purchased through us
- Cairo: 3 nights at the 5* Le Meridien Pyramids or Movenpick Pyramids
- Luxor: 1 night at the 5* Sonesta St. George hotel or similar
- 7 Meals: 4 buffet breakfasts and 3 three course dinners (excluding drinks)
- Sightseeing: All sightseeing as specified aboard luxury air conditioned vans or buses, all entrance fees and all escorted by professional English speaking Egyptologists
- TWO domestic flight segments: Cairo-Luxor and Aswan-Cairo
Nile River Cruise – 4 nights Luxor to Aswan
- Accommodations for 4 nights in all outside facing cabins the 5* Deluxe M/S “FARAH” in your choice of cabin categories
- 12 meals during sailing (4 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 4 dinners)
- All sightseeing and shore excursions as specified
- All on board activities including, welcome cocktail, Captain’s Farewell dinner, lectures, galabaya (toga) party, belly dance show and similar
- English speaking Cruise Manager throughout
- International airfare
- Egypt visa fee – $25 per person paid on arrival
- Meals other than specified, drinks, souveniers and other personal expenses
- Abu Simbel air excursion: $325 per person if prepaid. $375 on the spot
- Tips to drivers/local guides/porters/felucca sailors – surggested $60 per person
- Tips to Egyptologist who will escort from start to end – suggested $40 p. person
DAY 0 FLY TO EGYPT: Thu
Overnight flights to Egypt.
DAY 1 CAIRO: FRI
On arrival, pass through customs and meet our representative who will transfer you to your 5* deluxe hotel. Due to various arrival times, no activities are planned for today. Meals are on your own.
DAY 2 CAIRO: SAT (B, D)
After a sumptuous buffet breakfast, depart on your full day tour which will include stops at the famous pyramids of Cheops, Chephren and Mycerinus as well as the impressive Sphinx carved in rock. After a break for lunch (on own), visit the Papyrus Institution which contains the largest collection of papyrus reproductions of all the famous paintings of ancient Egypt. Return to your hotel for dinner and overnight.
DAY 3 CAIRO/FLY TO LUXOR: SUN (B, D)
After breakfast, visit the fabulous Egyptian Museum with its ancient art and the treasures of the Tomb of Tutankhamun, before transfering to Cairo Airport for your short afternoon flight to Luxor. Upon arrival you with be met by our representative for the transfer to your hotel. Check in is followed by dinner and overnight accommodation.
DAY 4 LUXOR/ NILE CRUISE : MON (B, L, D)
After breakfast, check-out of your hotel and embark on your tour of the East Bank and the fabulous Luxor and Karnak Temples. Then, transfer directly to your 5 * ship for check-in and lunch on board. The afternoon is free for you to explore your floating hotel or the vibrant markets located dock-side. Dinner on board.
DAY 5 NILE CRUISE/ESNA/ EDFU: TUE (B, L, D)
After breakfast, depart on your tour of the West Bank, the “Valley of the Kings” where 64 of Egypt’s Pharaohs have their resting places. Continue to visit the palatial Temple of Queen Hatchepsut and stop at the humongous Collossi of Memnon. Return to the ship for lunch as you sail on via the Esna Lock toward Edfu. An evening welcome drink will precede dinner followed by a Disco party!.
DAY 6 NILE CRUISE / KOM OMBO/ ASWAN: TUE (B, L, D)
After breakfast in Edfu, a carriage ride will take you to the superbly preserved Temple of Horus dedicated to the Falcon God. Return to the ship for lunch and sail on to Kom Ombo. On arrival, tour the Temples of Kom Ombo dedicated to two deities; the crocodile headed “Sobek” and the “Haroeris” the double headed sparrow/hawk. On board lectures and other activities will be available on board – or just sit back on the sun deck with a cool drink and enjoy the passing vistas. Tonight prepare for the Galabya (Toga) party!
DAY 7 NILE CRUISE /ASWAN: THU (B, L, D)
After breakfast, begin your exploration of gorgeous Aswan with a tour of the Unfinished Obelisk, the High Dam, ending with a delightful sail aboard the local feluccas. Return to your ship for lunch. The afternoon is free to explore Aswan’s many markets. Dinner on board will be followed by a Belly Dance show!.
DAY 8 END CRUISE:ASWAN /CAIRO: FRI (B, D)
After breakfast, the morning is free to give you time to explore Aswan or to take the optional air excursion to the fantastic Temples of Abu Simbel. Then bid your crew goodbye as you transfer to the airport for your flight to Cairo. On arrival, stop at the El Khalili bazaar for last minute souvenir shopping before transferring to your hotel for a final dinner and overnight.
DAY 9 CAIRO/HOME: SAT (B)
As all good things must come to an end, so does your Egypt adventure as you pack away your memories and transfer to the airport for your flights home! END
Introducing the newest most luxurious cruiser along the Nile – the MS “Farah.” This opulent brand new vessel, launched in October of 2010 boasts of world class facilities, accommodations and superior on board service! She features 62 extra spacious all outside facing cabins 250 sq ft and 2 luxurious 550 sq ft suites. Low deck cabins have windows while all other cabins feature floor to ceiling French Balconies, flat screen LCD TV’s, mini bars, elegant bathrooms with hair dryers, individual climate controls and a unique western style feature – free wireless internet throughout! Public areas include a one sitting restaurant with buffet breakfasts and lunches and the first ever a’la’carte dinner options, a night bar, entertainment lounge, library, lobby, souvenir shop, sauna and massage and a pool/Jacuzzi on the elegant sun deck! A gorgeous addition to the Nile that will surely satisfy even the most discriminating cruise aficionados! Non-smoking (exteriors-outside only).
Download the detailed list of Travel Tips For 2016 Egypt Nile Cruise.
Read full article Know Before You Go – River & Small Ship Cruising to learn more.